Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Why i want to believe

I, like Fox Moulder in that show we loved so much, X Files, have always wanted to believe. I believe that there is something beyond that helps or or screws us. Even an Octopus Paul makes me believe that things like coincidence exist. Since i got my blackberry, i often google everything and anything, so as i watched Titanic after ages on Sunday, i started reading about it on Wikipedia. What really struck me was that there was a stewardess who survived Titanic, who, hold your breath, had also survived the RMS Olympic sinking and went on to survive the sinking of HMHS Britannic in 1916. And then there was that news report after the plane from Rio To France crashed last year. A couple who had survived as they missed the plane, took the next flight next day, and were taking a car back home, where their car crashed and they both died on the spot. Was it because someone up there realised two people were missing during roll call? I believe in all of it - that Atlantis exists, that aliens abduct people from Bermuda Triangle, that Jesus lived in India, that Jesus's predecessors still live on somewhere, that Krishna may walk amongst us, that an island like the one in Lost could be a reality, that there is a parallel world that can be entered through at Stonehenge. I believe in all of it. Do you?

3 comments:

  1. i agree there is a force up there or somewhere--we make our plans but someone out there has something else planned for us
    It's happened to all of us--isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the story...I really like it! Maybe because am swimming in the same rough seas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. anamika...thanks a ton for reading it...i think unrequited love is very beautiful in fiction form...

    ReplyDelete